IEEE was founded in 1952 with the formation of IRE’s (the Institute of Radio Engineers) Professional Group on Communications Systems (PGCS), IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) has evolved into a diverse group of global industry professionals with a common interest in advancing all communications technologies. Members interact across international and technological borders to:
- Produce publications
- Organize conferences
- Foster educational programs
- Promote local activities
- Work on technical committees
Since IEEE ComSoc began operations in January 1972 as an independent Society of The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) with over 8,800 members, IEEE ComSoc has become the premier international forum for the exchange of ideas on communications technologies and information networking.
IEEE ICC, IEEE GLOBECOM, and other conferences have earned international reputations. Publications increasingly support local and international coverage of important issues, and the Board of Governors reflects the changing direction of global communications technology.
IEEE ComSoc members stay on top of the world of communications technology by accessing up-to-the-minute technical information, networking with other experts in the field, and leveraging many other exclusive benefits.
IEEE ComSoc Saudi Chapter is a community comprised of a diverse group of industry professionals and academicians with a common interest in advancing all communications technologies that integrate with the global ComSoc members. To that end, the Society sponsors publications, conferences, educational programs, local activities, and technical committees that:
- Foster original work in all aspects of communications science, engineering, and technology
- Encourage the development of applications that use signals to transfer voice, data, image, and/or video information between locations
- Promote the theory and use of systems involving all types of terminals, computers, and information processors; all pertinent systems and operations that facilitate transfer; all transmission media; switched and un-switched networks; and network layouts, protocols, architectures, and implementations.
- Strongly advance developments toward meeting new market demands in systems, products, and technologies such as personal communications services, multimedia communications systems, enterprise networks, and optical communications systems.
The Chapter steering committee are:
Chair: Dr. Abdullah Almuttiri
Vice Chair: Prof. Muhammad Khurram Khan
Vice Chair: Dr. Imad ben Dhau
Webmaster: Mrs Alaa Alsafeh